A genuine segment of Apollo 8 flown thermal foil from the aft section of the Apollo 8 Command Module and comes attached to a mission photograph of the famous Earthrise.
Apollo 8 Command Module Flown Thermal Foil
2 in stock
2 in stock
This artifact presentation contains a genuine piece of Apollo 8 flown Command Module thermal foil. The thermal foil was externally applied to the Apollo aft, forward and main sub-structures to provide thermal protection to the crew compartment and heat sensitive components. Without this foil, the crew and craft would have frozen from the extreme cold of deep space. This piece of thermal foil came from the Apollo spacecraft aft section.
- Segment of genuine Apollo 8 Command Module thermal foil
- Attached to an 8″ x 8″ Apollo 8 mission photograph of the famous Earthrise
- Printed on original glossy Fuji Crystal Archive Supreme® paper (226µ, 238 gr/m²)
- Includes certificate of authenticity with holographic logo and company stamp
- Comes sealed in a clear protective 8″ x 10″ toploader
The space flown material within this presentation came from the collection of North American Aviation (Rockwell International) Space Division employee Jerald B. Wilken, who recovered it during post-flight operations. Jerry Wilken worked as an Associate Test Engineer in 1962 and went on to be a Test Conductor for Apollo post-flight operations from 1967 through to 1969.
This product was sourced from The Space Collective.