- Impactite Type: Moldavite
- Impactite Weight: 7.4 grams
- Impactite Measurements: 34 mm x 16 mm x 13 mm
- Additional Info: Impact glass, Czech Republic
- You cannot add "Moldavite 15.2g" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
1 in stock
1 in stock
Genuine Moldavites are luminous green glasses formed 14.5 million years ago by the impact of a giant meteorite that created the 15-mile wide Reis Crater in Germany. The moldavites were blasted some 200 to 400 kilometers, all the way to the modern-day Czech Republic. Mining has depleted the supply of this exquisite glass. While most impact specialists believe real Moldavites were created from melted terrestrial matter, they do display some characteristics associated with meteorites. Moldavites have a hardness rating of 5.5 and raw Moldavite (as offered here) are often faceted for use in jewelry. When cut and polished, their deep green color is reminiscent of emeralds and peridot. We are an international meteorite company and pride ourselves in being a reputable moldavite dealer. Shop securely.