- Please choose product options by visiting Campo Crystal Necklace.
- Meteorite Type: Moldavite impact glass
- Jewelry Type: Necklace with Sterling Silver
- Pendant Measurements: 8 mm x 8 mm
- Additional Information: Gorgeous and translucent raw Moldavite necklace. This is natural impact glass, and has a protruding edge, giving an extremely unique 3D view.
1 in stock
Real Moldavites are stunning rich green impact glasses created by the heat and pressure of an ancient meteorite impact. They are found in a very few areas within Bohemia and Moravia in the Czech Republic, and the Republic of Moldova, which gives these captivating impactites their name. Some experts believe that authentic Moldavites are associated with the Nordlinger Ries impact crater event. If that is correct, it would make them approximately 15 million years old. While most impact specialists believe Moldavites were created from melted terrestrial matter, they do display some characteristics associated with meteorites.
Sterling silver bezel perfectly encapsulates this rough cut natural Moldavite.