- Meteorite Type: Stony-iron
- Meteorite Weight: 1.5-3 gram stony-iron
- Meteorite Measurement: Less than 1.5″
- Membrane Box Measurement: 4″ x 4″
- Additional Information: Because every meteorite is unique, you will receive similar piece, but not exactly as photographed.
- You cannot add "NWA 7040 10.2 g" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
From Eternity To Here – Stony-Iron Collectible
Out of stock
Out of stock
Everyone shares a fascination with meteorites, and how could we not? Meteorites are visitors from outer space that have landed, by accident, on our planet. They have mystified and amazed humans for as long as we’ve been looking up at the night sky. Ancient peoples revered meteorites as gifts (or sometimes warnings!) from the gods. Today, collectors prize meteorites because of their rarity and their other-worldly origins, while researchers study them for clues to the formation of the solar system and origins of life on Earth.
Meteorites are divided into three main classes — irons, stones, and stony-iron. Plus, the magnificent impactites — remnants of an ancient and cataclysmic meteorite impact. The From Eternity To Here Collectors Four Pack Kit allows you to study and enjoy genuine examples of all the major meteorite types (separate listing). This collectible is out of the four pack and includes the stoney-iron meteorite category. Included is an informational paragraph on each type on the reverse side of every box.
*Other individuals and four pack available in separate listings