- Meteorite Type: Iron, IIAB
- Meteorite Weight: 3,271 grams
- Witnessed Fall: Yes. Fell Feb. 12, 1947, Russia
- Approximate Dimensions: 167 mm x 114 mm x 94 mm
- Additional Information: Attractive Sikhote-Alin individual absolutely covered with surface features. Stands up naturally to display proudly. A true beauty!
Out of stock
The Sikhote-Alin shower of 1947 took place in a remote area of eastern Russia and was the largest single meteoric event documented in modern times. It is an extremely rare witnessed fall iron, and many individuals display the classic characteristics of meteorites: regmaglypts, orientation, rollover lips, and even impact pits from in-flight collisions with other meteorites! Sikhote-Alin is an extremely stable meteorite. Once relatively available in the marketplace, intensive hunting at the fall site has resulted in the area being completely hunted out, and no new specimens now make it into collectors’ hands.